No matter how hard you may try, sometimes it seems that cavities sneak into your mouth despite your best effort. Making an effort to prevent cavities is always a good idea, but you can always use additional help. Listed below are some ways to prevent cavities:
– Make an effort to brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss your teeth once daily.
– Stick to cleaning tools that are recommended or approved by your dentist.
– Avoid harmful sugars that can lead to plaque buildup and harmful acids in your mouth, which are known to cause dental erosion.
– Eat a diet that is healthy and nutritious to certify your smile is getting the key minerals it needs to keep your teeth and gums strong and healthy.
– Look for oral cleaning products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which assures the safety and effectiveness of the products pass the highest standards in the business.
– Always have professional cleanings with your dentist every six months and schedule checkups as desired.
– Avoid foods and substances that are sticky and chewy, as they tend to stick to your teeth and gums in your mouth long after eating them and cause oral health disorders.
– Switch to additional oral cleaning tools such as water flossers, mouthwash, and sugarless gum to help clean your mouth when brushing and flossing is not available or advised.
If you are looking to restore a cavity-free smile, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. David Smith and our team at Smith & Stahr, P.S.C.. We can be reached by calling us at 859.278.9391 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Lexington, Kentucky. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you want.